Box smokers have been doing well at competitions and backyarders love them because they’re compact, easy to use, and efficient to run. Combined with Meadow Creek’s 30+ year tradition of outstanding quality and service, the BX50 Cabinet Smoker is setting the woods on fire.
What really sets this box smoker apart is the ability to use it with or without water! Unlike some cabinet smokers on the market, such as the famous Backwoods Competitor, the BX50 works fine without water, which means you can use it for jerky. The water does help stabilize the temperature, but it does a very good job without water too.
The BX50 also comes standard with an auto-feed water system and a 5-gallon water jug for hassle-free water smoking.
Each cooking grate holds a full-size pan.
This smoker is easy to use and quite efficient too, running at 250 degrees F for at least 8 hours on 20 pounds of charcoal. There are two thermometers for monitoring the inside of the cooking chamber. Using the BX50 as a water smoker, you should see only several degrees difference between the top and bottom thermometers once it’s up and running.
Whether you cook in the backyard, competitions, or in a commercial catering setting, the Meadow Creek BX50 is the next cool smoker to have.
I highly recommend the Meadow Creek smoker. It took some getting used to for me, but I love everything about it… Because I like to cook at night while I sleep, I added a guru and a 30 CFM fan; this works beautifully. I have been reading StoryQue magazine and trying lots of new things. This BX50 Box Smoker has opened up a whole new dimension for me… I’ve smoked some jerky dry, and my next adventure is a cured bacon. I mostly cook butts, brisket, and ribs, but I am learning with each new cooking.
—Brian from Gaffney, SC
Features of the BX50 Cabinet Smoker
- Double walls with 1″ insulation
- Auto-feed water system and a 5-gallon water jug
- Removable water pan
- Built for wet and dry smoking
- Slide-out cooking grates made of rust-free food-grade T304 stainless steel rod
- Adjustable grate configuration (There are 7 slots total, with the option of adding three more grates.)
- Painted with black heat-resistant paint in an attractive matte finish
- Positive-lock latches on all doors
- Built-in Guru adapter for temp controller mounting
- Slide-out charcoal basket with a grate for the ashes to fall through
- Rolls on 2 solid tires and 2 locking casters
- Stainless steel handles
- 2 stainless steel calibratable thermometers
- Cast iron spin vents at the bottom of the firebox for precise draft control
- Uncoated steel interior